Friday, August 7, 2009

Isn't it supposed to be raining all the time in Seattle?


We lost more of our tomatoes. I was so upset and puzzled that finally have got to the point where I just had to do some googling. Well it seems that we're not the only one with such a problem (surprise, surprise :))
People say that critters eat tomatoes during the draught. Or should I say "drink"? Anyways, the advise I liked was to leave some water near the plants. I don't know if it'll save my tomatoes but nonetheless it's a good idea. Poor creatures must be really thirsty - I don't remember when last it was raining.
Meanwhile I pick the big tomatoes close to the ground and the ones that are starting to turn red.

Помидоры продолжают поедаться. Это меня уже настолько озадачило, что пришлось гуглить в поисках ответа. Как и следовало ожидать, мы не единственные с такой проблемой.
Пишут, что грызуны едят помидоры во время засухи. Или "пьют"? Совет, который мне понравился, заключается в том, чтобы оставлять воду возле кустов. Не знаю, спасет ли это помидоры, но идея хорошая. Зверушки наверное уже умирают от жажды - не помню, когда последний раз шел дождь.
А пока собираю помидоры, которые близко к земле, и те, что начинают краснеть.


No comments:

Post a Comment